What size brush do I need?
Selecting the right brush for a job is crucial to ensuring it is completed both efficiently & effectively. Here is a breakdown of different brush sizes and when you should be using them:
- A 1” brush - this brush size is ideal for tight areas such as door frames and any edges or hard to reach areas
- A 2” brush - the slightly larger size of the 2" brush allows you to cover edges of your exterior painting
A 3” or 4” brush - these brushes allow you to cover larger areas while enjoying the precision that a brush allows
- A roller - when covering large areas, use a 9" or 12" roller for exterior painting. This will allow you to apply for amounts of paint to the wall both quickly & evenly
How do I clean the brush once used?
With water-based paints such as Emperor Paint, a mixture of warm water and mild soap suds is the best cleaning solution. Pour soppy water into a clean container. Dip the paint brushes into the solution while working the bristles to ensure the paint keep down is washed. Repeat this process until the brushes are clean and ready to use again.
Tips for painting faster & easier
- Work in sections
- Split the painting into smaller sections that you can establish the correct tool for the job. This way you will be able to identify the needed qualities of the tool you choose
- Swap between paint brushes and rollers. Hand paint only areas you are not as confident with and thus want to take more time and attention completing. Furthermore, do these smaller areas first before using the roller to cover the bulk of the wall. Areas that need attention are often corners, drains and frames
- Use bigger brushes when necessary. Buy at least one 4-inch brush as this will allow you to cover larger areas, but with the control a paint brush offers
Most of our orders are in stock and despatched straight away (Monday-Friday). Orders placed before 12pm will leave the same working day on a 24 hour service. Our couriers deliver Monday - Friday, please note we do not deliver on Weekends or Bank holidays. If your order is urgent we advise you call us first to check stock, in order to avoid disappointment. Our courier is Parcel Force who deliver most paint items. Small (non paint) orders are send via Royal Mail Business on a 24 hour service.
We offer FREE delivery on all orders over £50 (UK mainland only). We have a £5.99 delivery charge for orders under £50. Once your order has been despatched you will receive an email confirming that your order is on it's way, and will arrive with you shortly.
Please note that although we will do all in our power to ensure your order arrives within the specified delivery time, we cannot guarantee this. We shall not be liable for any costs, damages or charges associated with the delivery of our products.
We will do our utmost to ensure that your experience with Emperor Paint is a positive one. If you require, we will accept returns within 28 days of ordering. This is provided goods are in the original packaging and have not been opened. We unfortunately can not accept returns on tinted paint. Prior to returning goods to us, you must arrange this with our customer services team.
It is the customers responsibility to arrange the return of goods to us. Once we receive the items, we will issue a full refund within a 7 day period. Items must be returned in the condition you received them in.